Time to turn your
Work From Anywhere
dreams into reality.
Time to turn your Work From Anywhere dreams into reality.
Tax residency risk map
Spent time working overseas and think you may have triggered tax residency implications?
Use our remote work tax risk map to check where is the safe place to go and for how long.
Digital nomad visas
Find out which countries offer tax advantageous visas to allow you to move there and work remotely.
There is huge competition with new countries announcing visas every other month to attract corporate nomads.
Need help figuring out your personal taxes?
Below you will find some useful DIY resources. Please note we do not get any affiliate fees or other compensation for the resources we’re sharing below. If you have any worth adding feel free to let us know.
- General tax guide on Taxes.pages.dev
- The Work From Anywhere Team Individual Tax Risk Map
- Deel Guide on Remote Work Taxes
- VisaDB Global Tax Rates and more tools here
- See FurryNomad residency tracker
- Xolo have useful tools (and content) for freelancer compliance.
- Website Planet’s Ultimate Guide to Being a Freelancer is a pretty comprehensive piece for new nomads looking to start their Freelancer journey
- The Work From Anywhere Team Digital Nomad Visa List
- VisaDB visa search
- Global Nomad Guide
- Chase Warrington’s About Abroad podcast is really good where he speaks about specific examples of how to be a digital nomad / remote worker in different countries.
- You can also access our WFA Series where we have experts from around the world.
- See also John’s Perchpeek interview here.
- See this guide from Estonian E-Residency here.
- Nomadbase is an excellent community for individual tax questions on specific countries as are the Slack channels of Nomadlist (however you need to be a member to access the Nomadlist community).
- It’s not tax specific, but Adventurely is a really nice community for digital nomads as is NomadX.
- We use Brighttax for individual US consultations (i.e. US expats looking for advice on how to complete their US tax return). Book a consultation with them here.
- Nomadtax is another company that might be able to help.
- If you’re looking for VAT guidance, see the US state by state sales tax guide from Avalara as well as Stripe guidance by state.
- Wanderers Wealth is another expert who specializes in digital nomads.
- Nomad Capitalist is another expert who also has a really useful video series.
- VisaDB have access to a large group of tax experts.
- The team in Ejectmo might be interesting if you’re only temporarily working remotely abroad.
- Likewise the team in Heavnn could be worth having a chat with.
There are lots of exciting solutions emerging here, below are some worth taking a look at:
- Workingwithoutborders.com have remote working family retreats in Costa Rica.
- Boundless.life have remote working family retreats in Portugal and Greece.
- Cicerolearning.com matches students with teachers for one-to-one remote coaching and mentorship.
- Kubrio is a purpose driven world-schooling solution.
- Kibbutz.life caters for location independent families.
- You can also see our two WFA episodes here and here. Hope Paterson is a great person to follow in this space, as is Rowena Hennigan, Lona Alia and Andreas Wil Gerdes.
You can check out our article here for a list of top companies that are offering some form of Work From Anywhere.